Wonder Writing Series II
Facilitated by Mary E. Knippel
Dec. 4, 9 a.m. – Virtual Event
Let’s take deep dive into your imagination with very exciting results as we tap into the realm of possibility and invite the unconscious voices (you know the inner critic who always seems to be hovering in the shadows doubting our creativity), to quiet down and just let things happen during our Bead-by-Bead Workshop experience.
Join the ranks of such fellow creatives as Jane Austen stitching up stories while she labored over her needlecraft, or Emily Dickinson mixing up lines of poetry along with delicious treats in the kitchen. While you are in the act of selecting just the right beads and arranging them in a specific order, your subconscious mind is free to bring to the surface the bits of your story, which you have been keeping hidden. That part of you that wants to be visible yet has felt it wasn’t time to surface.
“Mary E. Knippel’s class at the Cedar Falls Christian Women’s Writers Workshop was my utmost favorite among the many experts in the field of writing who spoke during the 3-day conference. Her excellent message was God-ordained, and God-given making me feel the very presence of the Holy pirit all over the place. The reflective writing exercises were dynamite. After the class, I only wanted a quiet space to breathe in all Mary had given, to pray, to write, and to be more present in my craft as a writer. I found the whole experience very encouraging. It was a great message for any writer regardless of where one is in their writing life – beginner or seasoned.”
Lyn Vande Brake
The beads combine to make a unique piece of jewelry expressing participants’ creativity for the world to see, and their words craft the story only they can tell…their story to share with the world. While hands are busy, minds are free to take ownership of their true purpose message and to own their individual voices, and assert the power they possess in their unique story.
- Unleash your authentic voice
- Own your gifts & share your wisdom
- Rewrite the stories holding you back
After this presentation, participants will be empowered to:
- Recognize that they are secret artists with extraordinary talents and gifts
- Own with the confidence the choices they make every day in crafting their seemingly ordinary story and to see their life as an extraordinary work of art
- Design their personal strategy to achieve their goals and live a life uniquely their own
Materials for the workshop:
- Washcloth or fabric to create a work surface so that you are not chasing beads
- 15-20 semi-precious beads*
- .7 mm or 1 mm heavy-weight clear elastic cut the length double the circumference of your wrist (or whoever the bracelet is intended for)
- Scotch tape (use it to create a barrier to stop the beads from rolling off of the length of elastic)
- clear nail polish (to seal the elastic knot)
*Beads can be any size that you are comfortable with, I use 8 mm beads and I share that as a reference. This bracelet reflects your creativity and so whatever size you choose is perfect. Keep in mind that the smaller the size bead, the more beads you will need.
No special skills are necessary to benefit from this workshop experience.
Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!
A word of caution to our left-brain-thinking friends.
- There will be no testing and absolutely no one will grade this activity.
- Creativity will be encouraged.
- Fun is unavoidable!
- want to leave a legacy?
- have a dream?
- make a difference through the story you are here to tell?
$37 Individual Workshop price
Come join us and get ready to become the best you YOU can be!