You’ve heard of the Bucket list…well here’s a new twist…a Love Bucket List!
List the of ways you can lavish nurturing on yourself. Self-care is self-aware and no matter what your inner critic tries to tell you, it is not selfish to spend quality time with yourself. Think about the proper maintenance of your car. Would you attempt to go on any kind of trip, the grocery store or across the Golden Gate Bridge, if you didn’t know that you had enough gas and the engine was functioning properly because you had the oil changed etc. If you start driving along and continuously ignore the check engine light on your dashboard, you know you are asking for trouble down the road…literally. Maintaining your body/mind/spirit connection is equally as important.
Don’t wait until you have a health crisis to take care of yourself!
Self-care is being aware of how you are balancing everything in your life.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- luxuriate in a bubble bath
- take a walk in Nature
- buy yourself a bunch of flowers
- have tea somewhere new
- visit a garden center
- explore a craft store
- stop and smell the roses
- take in a museum and just wander
- schedule a field trip to an art supply store
- experience texture at a fabric store
- give yourself a foot massage
- nap in the middle of the day
- do some yoga moves
- read for pleasure
- light a candle and meditate
- play with paint, stamps or fun papers
- catch a movie on the big screen
- work up a sweat exercising
- get a new hair cut
- write in your journal
- invite your inner child to create a dream board
- eat chocolate
- ride the merry-go-round
- give yourself a hug and a pat on the back
- listen to inspirational music/books
- savor your favorite ice cream treat
Now…go write your own Love Bucket List! And please share your ideas on my Facebook page. I’d love to hear how you nurture YOU!
photo credit: Dreamstime.com