Since my last dispatch I have had numerous incidents to write about, yet I have not. My reasons are frustrating, exciting, tedious, and just plain boring. Life happened and I’ve been running from one project to another at warp speed. Here are some of the occasions which have consumed my attention:
1. Launching is the Simple Abundance Close-to-Home Workshops: Overcoming the stress factor is my motivating argument to encourage women to sign up for the workshops. However, this has not been the case and despite my best positive thinking approach and the encouraging advice of “just set a date and people will sign up,” to my disappointment, I have not had anyone sign up for a workshop – as yet.
2. WNBA-SF Gala and the WNBA National meeting: The flury of activity of preparations and overseeing that long-anticipated weekend consumed my thoughts for almost a year. When the time finally arrived, I was amazed at how calm I was and delighted in the fact I could step up to the microphone without notes and welcome 87 people for dinner as if I did it all the time. It ultimately was a fun evening, but I’m so glad it’s over!
3. The Journal Writing Conference in Denver immediately followed the WNBA weekend and I got to spend time with my sweet friend Cindy and get reacquainted with my first writing teacher, Christina Baldwin.
4. I was the subject of an interview, instead of the other way around, and it was a very heady experience. I liked it. Now, in addition to my writing samples I have a file of stories about me!
5. I’ve been invited to write a column for an on-line magazine and to choose the subject matter I wanted to write about. Of course, it will be about Creativity and it’s healing properties.
Well, it seems I have lots of material to keep writing about here so stay tuned, Dear Readers. I’ll be back…