Apart from considering cloning yourself, how do you manage it all? Consider creating a sort of Holiday Bucket list of things that you want to have happen and things that you aspire to:
- Acknowledge the important people in your life with a hand-written note, a thoughtful gift, or better still, make plans to spend time together.
- Delegate…get the team/family involved in as much as you can. Share the tasks and let others take ownership of whatever task or activity of the season.
- Design a plan to achieve goals that have eluded you, and discard the ones that no longer serve you.
- Spend time indulging in old movies with lots of heart…this time of year they are running holiday movies (I want to watch them all!). It is so much fun to tune in and find a classic where a popular actor/actress is playing a bit part with youthful exuberance.
- What was your favorite treat as a kid? Savor sugar cookies made with real butter with lots and lots of sugar on top.
- Prescribe water therapy for yourself. Sink into a sweet smelling bubble bath. Try it by candlelight…pure bliss!
- Let your mind drift sitting in the sunshine with a cup of something delicious and nothing to do but feel the sun’s warmth on your face.
- Confide in your journal as a source of great stress relief strategy.
- Skim through travel brochures and imagine living in another part of the world. Not just visiting for a temporary taste of life there, but spending months at a time to become part of the community and really develop a rhythm of life there. (The power of visualization may lead to actualization!)
- Create a collage (Vision/Dream Board) to represent what want your life to be like next year.
Photo credit: Dreamstime.com