Everyone has a story…everyone has lots of stories. Now, I’m not talking about the old line, “that’s my story and I’m sticking to it,” where somebody may be telling tall tales to get out of a sticky situation.
I’m talking about the stories you tell yourself to keep motivated and on the right path to success. The stories of your life…fundamental to open communication with others as well as yourself. Take a few minutes to write a character sketch about you. What do you want to be remembered for? Skip the statistics, you can find those almost anywhere.
- Were you the first one in your family to graduate college…go to college?
- Were you known for blowing the biggest bubbles with your bubble gum.
- Were you the first kid on the ice every year?
- Are you known for picking out exactly the right gift for each person on your list…Christmas, birthdays, celebrations?
- Do you bake, sew, build, garden, or____________?
- Do you travel, explore, amble, or stroll?
- Are you the person who is the first one on the scene when a friend needs a word or encouragement, or an outing to cheer them up?
- Do you paint pictures with a brush, pen or camera?
- Do you decorate, design, or create environments to nurture those who inhabit the spaces?
Write about something no one else knows. We’re listening! Give us a story…
Photo credit: Dreamstime.com