Stop stressing about what to write about on your blog or social media. You already have all kinds of content to fuel your writing.
What are you passionate about? Answer that question and you’ll have plenty to write about. Think about what you honestly care about. Yes, your family and business are obvious subjects here. You know there is more…much more to you than the roles you play.
Just in case you still need a little support in identifying your passion, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are you a supporter of the environment? Do you recycle and buy green?
- Are you an athlete? Are you training for a marathon or big competition?
- How do you express your creativity? Have you always enjoyed doing things with your hands and make things (such as cooking, gardening, painting, writing, jewelry, pottery, bookshelves, or clothing)?
- Have you overcome an illness and are now involved in finding a cure for your disease? Does someone you love live with a debilitating disease or chronic illness?
- Did you grow up in another culture and seek to educate the world about the similarities, not the differences we all share?
I am passionate about encouraging you to claim your writing voice. I get fired up when someone says, “I’m no writer.” I immediately start waving my hand in the air admonishing the speaker, to never repeat that phrase. Everyone is a writer, regardless of whether you will ever have a book for sale on Amazon. You compose thoughts in your head, notes in birthday cards, business reports, sales letters, promotional material, and tons of e-mails.
What is your passion?
Photo credit: MaryEKnippel