The little girl in the picture could be excited to be on her way to Grandma’s house, or she could just be happy to see a funny cow painted on the side of a truck passing by. She’s living in the moment the way children do.
How are you doing with that living in the moment thing? Are you struggling to keep your balance with all that life is throwing at you…work…family…health…leaving little time for a single moment to yourself?
Optimism is looking on the bright side…an attitude of cheerfulness, buoyancy, enthusiasm, radiance, hope, faith, trust, certainty, and conviction.
March is National Optimism Month! Let’s celebrate that “Can Do” attitude! What’s your biggest challenge right now? How can you see the possibility in your future and learn from past disappointments to improve your current situation?
Consider these stories:
- 140 rejections stating “Anthologies don’t sell” until the Chicken Soup for the Soul series by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen sells 125 million copies.
- “We feel that we don’t know the central character well enough.” The author does a rewrite and his protagonist becomes an icon for a generation as The Catcher In The Rye by J. D. Salinger sells 65 million.
- Louis L’Amour received 200 rejections before Bantam took a chance on him. He is now their best ever selling author with 330 million sales.
- What began in Steve Jobs’ parents’ garage in the 1970s laid the groundwork for revolutionary innovation in technology. Apple’s secret to success is the ability to understand what the consumer wants before the consumer even knows what they want along with making it user friendly and affordable.
- Blake Mycoskie traveled to Argentina in 2006 to take some time off from his fourth startup and explore the culture of another country. What he found was a great need among children’s charities for shoes and the idea for TOMS shoes was born.
- Barbara Corcoran, of ABC’s Shark Tank, held 22 jobs by the age of 23. Job number 23 at a small real estate company lead her to founding the Corcoran Group, a $6 billion dollar company.
What are you excited about right now?
What do you have faith in…a goal that you keep working towards despite many setbacks?
Photo credit: Dreamstime.com